Wednesday, January 14, 2015

EDU 638 Tom Nykamp Video Intro



Hi everyone,

My name is Tom Nykamp and I am currently living in Bakersfield, CA where I teach at Bakersfield Christian high school where I recently just moved this past summer. I teach AP Gov, AP Euro and US history to juniors. Before moving here I taught in Kansas where I taught the same classes, but I was also the soccer coach there. I also taught in the Philippines before this as a missionary teaching PE and some history, I also coached soccer there as well. Before that job, I did my training in the public school in Michigan where I got my bachelor’s degree at Cornerstone University. For hobbies, I enjoy running and working out, and watching and playing soccer. Since we recently moved to California my family enjoys going to the beach and to the mountains as well. I am currently working on an online high school at the school I am currently teaching at and that is keeping me busy as well. Well thanks for listening and I am looking forward to seeing your blogs as well and I hope that you guys have a good week, God Bless.
Tom

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tom
    Good post! We share a love for working out. I believe I give my best doctoral feedback while I am on the exercise bike at the gym. I totally connect there.....
    What are your two truths and one lie????
    Looking forward to working with you!
    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom,

    I feel like you have a TON of experience teaching and working with students. Congratulations on your final semester of graduate school. I am also in my final courses! Exciting times ahead.

    It was great learning more about you, your family and experiences! I look forward to working with you in the next few weeks!
    Leslie 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom, I am looking forward to working with you and I see that you have moved around our great nation quite a bit. My husband and I have moved too with the help of the Army. We love moving and look forward to new assignments. We enjoy seeing how God puts it all together.
    I am looking forward to working with you. We will be bless to have your experience with technology in your high school classes. As we all work together and learn from one another it will be nice to have so many backgrounds involved in the learning process!

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete